Developer's Brick Lane and Brook Rose call The Helicopter Factory an ode to the red brick industrial building’s earliest owner — Emile Berliner (1851-1929). Berliner was an inventor who worked on and developed products like the flat disc gramophone, a new type of loom to mass produce fabric, an acoustic tile, a gyro engine, and an early version of the modern helicopter.
From 1902 to the mid-1920s, 770-774 Girard St. NW was home to the Standard Material Co. and the Gyro Motor Co., where Berliner and his son-in-law, Joseph Sanders, developed a material for record manufacturing, a system of improving sound reproduction and record quality, and aeronautical engines.
Recently Awarded - Washingtonian's Best Condo Project (2016) -
- 21st Annual Delta Associates 2017 "Best Washington/Baltimore Boutique Condominium Community" -